Andhra chicken curry
Andhra cuisine is known to be one of the most spiciest cuisines in the country. It is also known to be the most aromatic. So when I decided to cook up some chicken today, I followed this recipe.
- 250 gms boneless chicken cut into pieces.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 3 red chillies
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 tbsp khus khus
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 pods of green cardamom
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 small onion chopped
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Roast red chillies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, poppy seeds, grated coconut, cardamom, ginger, garlic and cinnamon till it gives out a fragrance.
- Set it aside, so that it cools down.
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a pan and cook onion till it turns brown.
- Add curry leaves.
- Grind the roasted masala into a paste.
- Add chicken to the onion and curry leaves, add salt and some chili powder.
- Let it cook for two minutes.
- Add the ground masala and cook it on a low flame for ten minutes.
- Add 1/2 a cup of water if needed and let it simmer for two more minutes