Orange laced, spiced coffee


Any time is a good time for coffee. And me being a true blooded South Indian, anything makes for a perfect excuse to brew a cuppa. Only, this afternoon I varied my daily dose of 'kattan' (thick, black coffee in Malayalam) with a small slice of orange peel and a few cloves to make my own cup of spiced coffee.

Here's how

You need:

  • 1 tbsp ground coffee
  • A small piece of orange peel
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 tsp honey

Method:
  • Bring a cup of water to boil.
  • Add the coffee powder, the orange peel and the cloves.
  • As it starts to simmer, switch off the heat, add the honey, sieve and serve. 

Goes well with a thick slice of plum cake :) It's guaranteed to chase your blues away!

Tell me how you brewed your own cup of spiced coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts