Cut mango pickle
Traditions are a plenty. And this one is purely delightful. Making cut mango pickles has been a tradition in my house for over decades now. When me and my cousins would come home to our grandmom making it, we would know that summer holidays are near. Here's how to make it.
- 1 kg raw mangoes cut into pieces.
- 6-7 tsp red chili powder.
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 100 ml coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the dry masalas and salt.
- Add it to the mango pieces.
- Pour the oil and stir it well.
Store it in a jar and cover it with a muslin cloth before putting the lid on.
The pickle will be ready to use in a week.
Do you know of any other variations of this classic pickle? Let me know.