Fish in Mango and Coconut Milk Gravy
- 400 gms sardines
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 raw mango diced
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- handful of curry leaves
- 3/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed vessel, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and saute for two minutes.
- Add onions and cook on a low flame till they turn brown.
- Add tomato, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt and cook for two more minutes.
- Add the fish, cook for five-seven minutes. Add the diced mango and cook for two more minutes.
- Add coconut milk, let it simmer for a minute and serve it hot with rice.