Mango and Mixed Vegetable Avial
- 200 gms round grourd cut into pieces
- 200 gms yam cut into pieces
- 200 gms carrots cut into pieces
- 200 gms snake gourd cut into pieces
- 2 drumsticks roughly broken into pieces
- 200 snow peas broken into pieces
- 1 raw banana diced
- 1 raw mango diced
- 1 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- handful of curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3-4 green chillies
- Steam all the vegetables with salt and turmeric.
- Coarse grind chilies, coconut and cumin and add it to the vegetables once they are done and drained of all the water.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil, saute curry leaves, add it to the vegetables and serve as a side dish to sambhar (lentil and vegetable curry) and rice.
Do you like your avial with curd or mango?