Oats Pongal



Oatmeal is sure a very healthy breakfast option. And while I'm sure eating it with milk and sugar can be very boring, don't write it off yet. Make your own pongal with oats and make the breakfast cereal more interesting.

Ingredients:

  • 5-6 heaped tbsp of oatmeal
  • 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
  • 5-6 whole peppercorns
  • few curry leaves
  • 2 tbsp grated coconut
  • 1 inch piece ginger chopped
  • 5-6 cashews broken
  • 3/4 cup water.
  • 1/2 tsp coconut oil or ghee
  • Salt to taste

Method:
  • Cook oats in water till done (I add 1-2 tbsp of ragi in it).
  • In a pan, heat oil or ghee, add cumin, pepper, curry leaves, ginger and saute for a minute.
  • Add grated coconut, cashews and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
  • Stir in this mixture with the oatmeal and have it hot.


Last week, I added some yogurt, honey and mango pieces to my oatmeal. Do you have any more ways to make oatmeal more interesting? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular Posts