- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chilies slit
- 2 inch piece of ginger chopped
- 2 petals of kokum
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- few curry leaves
- 2 tsp jaggery
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Cook val (field beans) in a cooker for up to 3-4 whistles.
- In the mean time, heat oil in a pan, add cumin, curry leaves, ginger, green chilies, onion and saute for five minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder and cook for five more minutes.
- Add coconut, jaggery, kokum, garam masala, cook for two minutes and add the coconut milk and simmer for a minute.
- Add this mixture to the cooked beans and serve with steamed rice.