Pumpkin Soup


This monsoons, I hope to stick to my vow of eating right. And therefore sticking to soups and steamed veggies (at least doing my best to stick to these foods). Here's another soup I tried  making recently and I should say it turned out to be quite good despite my initial reservations of turning this vegetable into soup.

Ingredients:

300 gms pumpkin cut into pieces
One onion roughly chopped
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp chili flakes
1/2 cup milk (you could substitute this with coconut milk for a richer flavour)
1 cup water
5-6 almonds

Method:
In a thick-bottomed vessel, saute onion till brown, add coriander seeds, chili flakes and cook for 2 minutes.

Add pumpkin pieces, almonds and let it cook for 15- 20 minutes.

Add water, milk and turn off the heat.

Let the mixture cool. Grind and serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts