Chicken with Apple Onion Sauce

Though I'd like to start the post by saying the cliched 'I like experimenting with flavours', I was left with half a dozen apples and thought of doing something interesting with them, to be honest. So, I thought of doing something different-well, I actually wanted to save them from rotting in the heat and I made this sauce that I later used to cook chicken with.


Ingredients
For the sauce:

  • 4 apples
  • 2 large onions
  • 2 tsp cumin powder
  • 2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • Salt to taste

Method:

Quarter the apples and saute on a low flame for about 10 minutes till they sweat and start to brown. Add onions and let it cook on a high flame for two minutes. Add the spices, salt, sugar and pepper. Let it cool down and blend it into a fine paste. Add some oil (I used canola) and vinegar in the end before you transfer it into a jar to preserve it.

For the chicken:
  • 400 gms chicken breast pieces diced
  • 1 inch piece ginger chopped
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • salt to taste
  • 6 tbsp of apple onion sauce
Method:

In a pan, add oil and ginger, and in a minute add the chicken pieces. Cook on  a medium flame for about three minutes. Add the sauce, chili powder and salt, simmer and let it cook for five minutes on a low flame. Add a couple of boiled potatoes and you have a complete meal. Or you could eat it with some bread or as is.

Comments

Popular Posts