Kerala Style Fish Fry

Fish is an all time favourite food. I would always prefer fish to chicken or any other meat. I recently discovered a store near my place that sells fresh fish. For dinner that night I made fish fry, the way my grandmom makes it, or at least I tried to.

Ingredients:
  • 500 gms pomfret cleaned and cut into pieces
  • 1 tsp pepper powder
  • 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
  • 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
  • 2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
  • 1 sprig curry leaves
  • salt to taste

Method:
Mix all the spices except for the curry leaves. Marinate the fish in the mixture and set for at least 30 minutes. In a pan heat oil enough needed for shallow frying. Place the fish on the pan and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.

Flip the pieces over and cook on a low flame for five to six minutes. turn off the flame and serve with hot steamed rice. I sometimes grind 2-3 shallots and add it to the marinade. What variations do you make?

Comments

Popular Posts