Banana Pancakes


Hello everyone! I know that it has been a year since I have written in; but a lot has changed in the past year. I moved to Aluva, took a job as a content consultant with a media company that lasted a short while (a month to be precise), whilst freelancing as I did so, I also undertook maintaining a blog for an educational brand with another former editor (which has been quite satisfying) and of course cooking and charting the plan to start an organic farm and diary. Because food remains and always will be my first and foremost passion.

For those of you, who have missed updates in this space, I have a good mix of recipes lined up, starting with banana pancakes. Pancakes are one of my favourite breakfast items. Ideal scenario for having yummy banana pancakes would be- lazy rainy morning, coffee and a jar of Nutella! :)


Here's how I made these

Ingredients:

Ripe yellow bananas- 2 (sliced)
Flour- 1 cup (I used half cup wheat flour and half cup regular flour)
Sugar- 2 tbsp
Butter- 3 tbsp
Beaten yogurt- 3/4 cup
Milk- 1/4 cup
Egg- 1
Baking powder 1 tsp (optional)
Salt- 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp (I always love a touch of cinnamon in my desserts)
Chocolate sauce for garnishing

Gently whisk all ingredients together, except the bananas. Once mixed well, add the bananas and mix again.

Heat the pan and make the pancakes! Serve topped with chocolate sauce or honey and a freshly brewed pot of coffee.

The wheat flour adds texture to the pancakes, but I like to substitute whole foods for refined whenever I get the chance and really don't mind the texture- the key is to mix it well.

Tell me what toppings do you prefer on your pancakes. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts